Raw cacao essentially has all the benefits and feel-good elements of irresistible chunk of creamy chocolate, minus the calorie overdose. While cacao is high in fat, the truth is that we’re really talking about essential mono-unsaturated fats – the same as found in olive oil, which promote heart health. So what’s not to love about this extraordinary Superfood? Here are a string of other benefits to look forward to when adding a healthy dose of raw cacao to your diet:
- Packed with magnesium for strong bones, joints and muscles.
- Contains essential nutrients like calcium, iron, potassium and zinc.
- Helps lower blood pressure, boost circulation, dilate the blood vessels and reduce the risk of blood clotting.
- Contains sulfur which promotes strong hair and nails, and radiant skin.
- High in antioxidants – in fact, raw cacao contains three times the antioxidants found in green tea.
- Promotes a healthy heart and reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Improves digestion and promotes a healthy digestive tract.
- Boosts physical energy and well-being, and helps relax and soothe the muscles.
- Packed with proteins, carotene and leucine, all of which stimulate the central nervous system.
- Boosts the production of serotonin in the body, to improve the mood and combat depression.
- Excellent mood booster when suffering from PMS.
- Packed with dietary fiber, which helps to suppress the appetite and ultimately help shed those extra kilograms.
- Boasts natural aphrodisiacal properties.
- Releases endorphins to provide a “post-workout” feeling of satisfaction.
- Helps increase mental energy as well as focus and sense of alertness.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!