Hungry and thirsty? Soup solves both problems at once.
- 230g/2 onions diced
- 300g lamb cubed
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 180g carrots sliced
- 5g Ground Ginger
- 5g Ground Cinnamon
- 60g celery chopped
- 1 Tin of tomatoes chopped
- 150g of unsoaked lentils
- 2 Tbl Beef Stock Granules
- 2 Bay leaves
- 200ml Plain Yoghurt
- Fresh Coriander, chopped finely
- Fresh Parsley, chopped finely
- Pita Breads
- Sauté onions, garlic and spices in a large pot over medium heat.
- Braise lamb till browned and add vegetables, lentils, stock and 1L of water.
- Allow to simmer for 2 hours or till lentils are soft and cooked.
- Pull the soup off the stove and add yoghurt and fresh herbs
- Cut Pitas into halves or quarters and toast them in a toaster till lightly browned.
- Serve soup with toasted Pitas and garnish with some yoghurt and fresh coriander
Credit: Nicole Ferguson
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!