Learning through play is an integral part of any child’s development, and what better way to literally build their skills than with Duplo blocks? Start introducing games from an early age to not only entertain them, but boost your little one’s logic and fine motor skills.
Here are a couple of ideas to inspire you:
- Use Duplo bricks to build words – this is an excellent way for kids to familiarize themselves with new letters!
- Draw simple shapes on a piece of paper and ask your little ones to recreate the shapes with Duplo blocks.
- Create one half of a Duplo sculpture, so that your child can build the other side – an excellent exercise in symmetry.
- Build a labyrinth out of Lego or Duplo blocks, and use a marble to navigate through the tricky maze.
- Write a single letter on the side of each block (using a non-permanent marker), and play “Duplo spelling bee” wherein you give the word and your child builds it.
- Duplo is an excellent tool for teaching maths – whether it’s a lesson in addition, subtraction or “greater than”.
- In the same way, the pins on 8-pin, 4-pin and 2-pin Duplo brick provide an excellent means for teaching fractions.
- Create “challenge cards” describing different structure in words. Taking turns drawing cards, your kids can then use their imagination to build these structures.
- Build a tic-tac-toe board using Duplo bricks of different colours! This is perfect for long car trips, since the pieces will remain in place.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest