You’ve probably heard about this supposed miracle juice multiple times, and written it off as myth. However, Apple cider vinegar is a highly beneficial addition to any diet, especially that of a woman and hard-working mother. While it’s definitely not the most appetising supplement on the market, you can improve the taste by stirring it into a glass of water or mixing it up with honey – after all, it’s a known fact that “a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down”.
When consumed, apple cider vinegar can have the following benefits:
- Eases stomach issues like diarrhea and spasms.
- Treats and prevents indigestion and heart burn.
- Soothes colds, flus and sinusitis.
- Contains potassium and enzymes which help prevent fatigue during workouts.
- Treats and prevents cramps – especially recurring night time leg cramps.
- Speeds up metabolism to promote healthy weight loss.
- Soothes an aching throat as well as hiccups.
- Lowers cholesterol and helps lower the risk of heart disease.
- Reduces the visible signs of ageing.
- High in calcium and magnesium for improved bone and muscle strength.
Other uses and benefits of apple cider vinegar include the following:
- Use as a hair rinse to strip build-up of chemicals on the hair.
- Mix with moisturiser and raw honey for a revitalising face mask.
- Apply to spots, acne or dry spots on your face to help prevent future breakouts.
- Gargle with apple cider vinegar to fight bad breath and whiten teeth.
- Rub into hands and feet to reduce swelling, especially during pregnancy.
- Apply to sunburnt skin to relieve pain and prevent excessive peeling.
- Add to bathwater to treat any type of skin infections or fungi.
- Rub into varicose veins to restore blood circulation.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!