Choosing a name for your child is a very special time in the lives of any mom- and dad-to-be. Once you’ve decided on the perfect name, you want to shout it from the rooftops and write it on every surface – in fact, you almost wish the cashier would ask you if you’ve chosen a name yet, just so you can share it again.
A wonderful way to celebrate this memorable occasion is with a beautifully crafted name ring – a simple gold or silver band, engraved with your child’s name on it. While your baby won’t be able to wear it for a while, a name ring makes a beautiful keepsake which can be given them on their 18th or 21st birthday.
Name rings also make excellent gifts for other parents to be, especially if you’ve been named the godmother of the baby. Simply have the child’s name engraved on a ring, and give it to the parents on the long-awaited birth day, which they, in turn, can give to their child when he or she is older.
If you’ve fallen in love with the idea of name rings, but are expecting a boy – fret not, because this trend isn’t just for girls! Most jewellers offer a wide range of stunning men’s rings which can be engraved on either the inside or outside. Alternatively, why not have all your children’s names engraved on stack rings that you can wear on a daily basis? A fabulous way to keep them close to your heart… always.
Whether you have kids already or are about to have your first, name or stack rings are a beautiful accessory for any Mom to have. For me personally, I think it’s a lovely way of keeping the memory of your child(ren) with you when you’re out and about in meetings and I can assure you, it’s a conversation starter when people see you wearing names of those special peeps in your life.
Quick Tips for your Name or Stack Ring:
- Opt for a stack ring where each band is separate – this will allow you to change the appearance of your ring as you wish.
- To add colour to your stack ring, add your favourite birthstone or the birthstone(s) of your child(ren) to the bands.
- For long names, rather use the shortened version or opt for using your children’s initials opposed to their full first names.
- Purchase different bands to place between the name bands – these bands could be plain, could have a twisted rope appearance, could have some birth stones / precious stones or an element you love e.g. a heart, a flower, etc.
- Mix your metals to create a variety of bands – adds variety and colour.