We all like our kids to eat healthily and sometimes to get them to do just that is very difficult. This is where we, Moms, need to get creative!
Monster Sandwiches or anything close to a monster face on a bread roll or sandwich is ALWAYS well received with kids. So, I couldn’t resist putting together this little blog post for some tips on how you can make your own monster sandwiches.
All you need to do is simply choose from a variety of ingredients and get creative – the beauty of monsters is that they aren’t particularly beautiful, so it doesn’t matter how good or bad they look – it’s the reaction and the gorgeous smile and laugh you get from your child that matters.
So here, are some tips to making your awesome monster sandwich!
- 2 pieces of bread to make a sarmie
- 1 roll / bun of your choice
You can use a variety of items for the eyes – here are a few ideas:
- Bananas (2 slices unless you want a 3 or more eyed monster)
- Cucumber (same as above)
- Gherkins (same as above)
- Olives (whole olives)
- Cream cheese shaped in a round shape with raisins in the middle
- Baby Tomatoes (whole or halved)
- Boiled Egg sliced
- Humus spread evenly
- Avocado spread for a green meanie look
- Slices of onion
- Slices of apple
- Slices of Avo
- Cheese is the definitely favourite. Cut into triangles and have them hanging half out from between the sandwich OR cut in a shape of a serrated edge to show sharp teeth.
- Cut your sandwich with a serrated teeth look i.e. the edges of the bread is cerated opposed to the cheese.
- Rolled up Ham
- Piece of Bacon
- Cold meat of your choice
- Green or Red Pepper have the perfect shape to form a ear
- Sprouts work wonders here!
- Grated carrots or sticks of carrots for a punk hair do
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!