This was my grandfather’s (Diddy) favourite muffins! They are VERY yummy and I can guarantee these will be a favourite!
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- 1 Cup of Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Margarine
- 1 Cup Nutty Wheat
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Bicarb
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 180˚.
- Place the raisins in a bowl and pour the hot water over them and let it stand.
- Cream together the brown sugar and margarine
- Add the nutty wheat, flour, oats, baking powder, bicarb and salt.
- Add the raisins and water to the mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased muffin pan.
- Back for 20 – 25 minutes.
Enjoy! Oh, and no – the grandpa above isn’t my gramps in case you were wondering 🙂
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!